About Me

My photo
Hello, Im Katie Alice Carter and I have set up this blog in order to present my progress over the A Level media course. Look around and hopefully enjoy my work. x

Sunday 15 January 2012

Photoshoot: Plan

For my photoshoot I will use a family member called George to act as a famous artist. I will have to take into consideration all of the different key features of taking a good photograph, as the photo is one of the main features within the magazine and may make up the readers mind on whether they will buy the magazine or not.


Location
The location of my photoshoot will either be in a rural area, like the forest as it is quiet and different to the normal everyday busy place or at my house with a plain white background.The other option of my photoshoot will be in a skate park where there will be a lot of graffiti backgrounds which will fit my genre nicely. The location is key for this photoshoot because it could make my pictures look very professional and of a high quality. The targetted readers of my magazine will be interested in looking at lots of pictures as they would prefer a higher ratio of pictures to text.

 Clothing and makeup
The clothing I will use would consist of the dance/electro styled clothing as my model will need to look realistic and as if he actually is a celebrity. I will use accessories such as a big headphones and flat caps as quite a lot of stars wear these kinds of accessories. It is important that my model is dressed in the correct clothing to fit the genre as these will either make my magazine look cheap or classy and worth the readers money. I may apply makeup to my model maybe to cover possible spots to give him a clear complexion. I will need to also play around with my model hair so that it looks perfect and fits in with the genre.


Lighting
I may be outside for my photoshoot which means the natural lighting will be shown which I cannot change. I will most likely shoot in the day which mean it will be quite bright and a clear shot. But i am also considering shooting my model in the night to give a dark look about it. This means I will need to use some form of light to make sure my model does stand out and that the photo is clear. If I shoot, inside the house I will use different lights to light up the set so that you can see the model, using simple objects such as fairy lights.

Position in frame
My front cover picture ideally, will probably be a mid close up image or a mid shot of my model as I can then place the cover lines around the picture. If that type of image is used it will be the main focus of the page and will attract audiences eye. For the double page spread I will use long shots of the model showing the location as a dominant part of the picture. When taking my photographs I will make sure that I use a wide range of different camera shots so that I have a wide option of images to choose from. 

Different Editing

There are many software's that will allow me to adjust my picture from cropping the image to changing the lighting or colour of the image. I will use a software like photoshop to develop my picture to its final state. I have an idea of either a coloured background with my model in black or white and vice a versa, as I think this will have a unique effect on my magazine. Or I may use a black and white picture with the cover lines being the dominant feature of colour on the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment