About Me

My photo
Hello, Im Katie Alice Carter and I have set up this blog in order to present my progress over the A Level media course. Look around and hopefully enjoy my work. x

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Photoshop

After trying out photoshop for the first time, I have discovered many different tools in which I can make my picture look more professional and can adjust the picture to how I would like it. I first uploaded this picture into photoshop and this was the first design:


Using the many different layers that I choose I could copy and paste them onto a new file to create my final image. Here I have designed a restaurant menu:



I used a tool called the magic wand which selected the crab based on its colouring and I could grow the selection to make sure all of the crab was highlighted. I then copy and pasted it onto a new file starting from scratch, adjusting the crab's legs and adding more colours to make it more realistic. Also copying the lemons from the other picture and pasting them making another layer to this picture. 

  Using the Paint bucket I changed the background  to pink which made everything except the images of both the crab and the lemons pink. Clicking on filter at the top of the page, allows us to choose a texture of design which we can adjust the size of. Here you can see I have changed the texture on the side of my design.

After using photoshop and testing out a picture I now know how to use photoshop more clearly and it will be very useful to me when editing my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment